From shoot to shelf, Piattelli wine results from tireless personal oversight by winemaker Valeria Antolin and general director Gabriel Fidel. With consultant Roberto de la Mota and an expert staff, they constantly pursue vinicultural perfection.
- Grapes were hand-picked and sorted
- Crushed and then cooled to enhance aromatic qualities
- Lees stirred for 30 days
- Wines were clarified, bottled, and aged for 4 months
AGING: 20% of Piattelli Premium Torrontés was aged for 2 months in small, first-use French-oak barrels, which moderates the natural floral character of the varietal.
|1.98 g/l||Residual Sugar||8,000||Cases|
|6.37 g/l||Total Acidity|
Bright and straw-like in color, Premium Torrontés' oak-managed floral bouquet of mandarin and white peach lightly cascades across the palate with a lemon-honey, allspice, and clove flavor, then lingers with a fresh, youthful acidity and finishes with a faint hint of oak.
CAFAYATE VALLEY, SALTA:
- Elevation: 5,500 feet
- Overhead trellises protect grapes from overexposure to the sun
- Water is irrigated from the Andes mountains
- Warm dry days, cool nights maximize color and tannins
- Arid environment minimizes common viticultural challenges
- Torrontés grapes are grown on 10-year-old vines, which are managed to yield only 3.3 tons per acre
When we created Premium Torrontés, we aimed for depth and breadth of flavor by taming and balancing Torrontés' floral dimensions perfectly with its fruit, spice, and acids. Did we succeed? Email your feedback here.